The department is moving forward with State Convention on June 18 & 19, 2021. If plans change between now and June we will certainly let you know. The Marriott Hotel has adjusted to meet the Governors and CDC requirements. There will be NO Chapter Service Officer training this year at the convention. Like last year, we will hold CSO training at the department headquarters in August.
The Indianapolis Marriott East is located at 7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219.
As of right now, the following requirements are:
Face Covers are required per Marion County Public Health Order for everyone indoors at all times and outdoors when social distancing is not possible. Mask will be made available at the hotel front desk and at the DAV registration table.
Symptom Check will be at the registration table and temperature checks before entering all meeting halls.
Sanitizing stations are located at all major guest interaction points.
- Marriott offers Mobile Key - this is the recommended check-in method.
- Front desk agents are behind plexiglass.
- Guest room key drop off container with a disinfecting process.
Cashless: Marriott is a total cashless hotel. You will have to use a debit or credit card for all purchases.
All furniture has been appropriately social distanced
- Sanitizer stations at all major guest interaction points.
- Common areas and high touch points frequently sanitized.
Business Center ~ Available upon request.
Laundry ~ Guest laundry is available.
Elevators ~ Available with sanitizing station
Luggage Carts ~ Available upon request and CAN NOT stay in your room. Carts will be sanitized once returned to the front desk.
Ice Machines ~ Available on all guest floors.
Pool ~ Advanced reservation required to limit capacity.
Fitness Room ~ Advance reservation required to limit capacity.
$119.00 plus tax per night under the DAV group rate.
- No stay service. Contact the front desk for an amenity pack delivered to your room.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner available for carryout service from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm daily.
- Room service is contactless delivery to your room.
- Snacks must be individually pre-packaged.
- There are hydration stations with disposable cups. If you would like to bring a reusable cup you may use the station. This station provided cold & hot water.
- There are fast food drive-thru and limited seating dine-in restaurants near the hotel.
- If you have any dietary requirements you MUST let the department know by May 1, 2021.
Temperature check at the door before entering the room.
- In the past, there have been pens and paper in the rooms. This year your will need to bring your own.
- Social distanced furniture in all meeting rooms.
- Chairs, tables, and doorknobs will be sanitized between meetings.
- Hand sanitizer station throughout the meeting rooms.
Advanced registration and payment REQUIRED by May 1, 2021. (Should convention cancel you will be issued a refund).
- Registration is $25.00 per member.
- Commander's Banquet is $35.00 per person.
- Requesting each chapter submit either a gift basket for the silent auction to help off-set the cost of the convention.
- The agenda will be sent out in the first week of June.